9/6/15

First Session: Pits & Perils

We played our first session of Pits & Perils, run by +Chris C. (The Clash of Spear on Shield). My character, Phrandohr, is a magician. Most of our session was spend exploring the local, which included a small village. We concluded the session by exploring underneath the ruins of a monastery.

I am intrigued by the Pits & Perils rules. It feels like my earliest days of D&D (Holmes) but it is not a d20 system. Character generation was a snap as I only rolled dice twice. The first roll was to determine which attribute of the six attributes my character has (you only get one of the six attributes). It turns out that I have constitution, which gives me a bonus on poison and disease saves.

The second roll was for my starting treasure. I rolled a "1," which gave me 10 gold pieces to start. Fortunately, I did not need armor and I my weapons were inexpensive. My three spells are bolt, heal, and know.

We did not have the opportunity to test the resolution rules but I am sure we will in short order, as we are following a trail of blood. I certainly like what I have experienced so far.