6/28/13

Five for Friday 24: Summer Vacation

"The first day on my vacation, what I did on my summer vacation, the first day on my vacation, I woke up. Then, I went downtown to look for job. I did not find one. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore. The second day on my summer vacation, I woke up, then I went downtown to look for a job. I did not find one. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore. The third day on my summer vacation, I woke up..."--Cheech & Chong

This week I enjoyed a staycation. It has been hot and humid, plus some nice convection thunderstorms almost every afternoon, but I have enjoyed the time off nonetheless. Here is what I have been doing:
  • Gaming: We had a GURPS session on Monday night in Rob's (Bat in the Attic) Majestic Wilderlands campaign. It was an awesome session. I have also been working on maps for my Montporte Dungeon campaign.
  • Grilling: My goal has been to grill everyday (charcoal and wood...no gas). I have had to dodge thunderstorms, but so far I have grilled: Piri Piri chicken kabobs; Beef fajitas with grilled onions and peppers; Sage/thyme/juniper pork tenderloin with grilled fennel & grilled tomato salad, plus grilled pineapple for dessert; Orange sesame tofu and grilled sesame asparagus. Still to come: Pizza; Salmon; Mexican tofu and grilled pineapple salsa.
  • Gigging: I played music last Saturday and am playing out again this Friday night.
  • Reading: I finished up Daily Life in the World of Charlemagne by Pierre Riche and also read Liar's Poker by Michael Lewis. Next up is the second half of The Great Book of Amber by Roger Zelanzy, which contains books 6-10 of the Chronicles of Amber.
  • Sleep: Work has been running me ragged so it is nice to sleep. I have made it a priority and my body is thanking me for it.
What are you doing for your summer vacation?