6/26/13

My Best Gaming Meal Ever

Here is something you cannot duplicate with Fantasy Grounds, Roll20, or any other VTT: Real food at the communal gaming table.

Three years ago I cooked up this meal as our Isles of Emmon campaign drew to a close: Apple wood smoked ribs, with a homemade rub, and homemade roasted tomato BBQ sauce.
Farm stand tomatoes, about to go into the oven.
The finished roasted tomato BBQ sauce.
The key to rib success...the rub.
The sweet smell of apples pouring forth from my Weber kettle grill.
The finished product...we polished off four of these babies.
What was your best gaming session meal?

10 comments:

  1. Impressive. I would not dare such as I would be afraid that the sauce would be all over terrain and miniatures. Once I have a dedicated table, I may attempt something along these lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't break out the gaming stuff until the meal was done. This particularly gaming group included adults with the their teen kids so we were feeding our families as part of the gaming meal.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great campaign-ending feast.

    It makes me a bit ashamed to admit that I've never advanced beyond pizza for gaming. That makes me like level one on the gaming cuisine experience table...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had my share of cheese puffs and sugary carbonated drinks.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, communal feasting at a game table is nothing I've experienced. If you brought out ribs like that I would put away all my stuff, I don't want BBQ all over it, and eat rib after rib. That looks fantastic Ken. I guess if we do get around to arranging a con you'll be official cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our in house gaming group experienced a lot of good food during the run of the Emmon campaign.

      Delete
  4. Those look pretty darn good, Ken.

    PS: So happy I can comment again now that the EVIL plus stuff is gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were tasty.

      I disconnected the Google plus commenting, just for you.

      Delete
  5. I can attest that they were pretty spectacular! As I recall, we took a break from gaming to eat. Nothing like greasy dice to add a little interest to the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we set up the gaming stuff until we were done.

      Delete