9/4/13

When You Love a Gamer

My Wife: (walking into our home office) What are you working on?
Me: Dungeon maps. (showing her the composite maps of each level). See? Cool.
My Wife: Wow! That is really intricate...Isn't there a way to make money from this?
Me: Ummm...well, maybe. Chris, Tim, and Rob would buy it. Tim and Rob wouldn't be able to stop themselves. That would take all of the fun out of dungeon exploration, but I do have a built-in market. I guess I would have to decide what's more important...all of the hours of fun we'll have exploring the dungeon or making about $10 from the hours of creating the dungeon.
My Wife: (sigh) Yup.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Between gaming, playing music, gathering a library of history and travel narratives, and working in the nonprofit sector, I have done everything in my power to not benefit from living in a free market capitalistic society.

      Delete
  2. Did you ever watch Ren and Stimpy? I loved the way Ren used to run his hands together and say, "Ooh! Five bucks!"" Your line about $10 in profit reminded me of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I probably could not help myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.

      It is also why I am borrowing very little from published stuff. You guys have gaming libraries that look like the Library of Congress. Gotta keep you on your toes with the homebrew stuff.

      Delete
    2. Have you seen me and Rob? Being on our toes is not an option.

      Delete
    3. Ummm...maybe standing on each other's toes. No, that isn't right either.

      Delete
  4. Hahaha, that's hilarious!

    Luckily, my wife is a gamer too, so she actually likes when I dork around with maps and stuff. I guess I'm lucky with that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife has played and has enjoyed it, but she is not a regular gamer (except for apps on her phone). She gets a big kick out of my gaming (fortunately for me).

      Delete