9/19/13

Montporte Dungeon Maps--After 15 Sessions

The brave adventurers are starting to get find their way around the Montporte Dungeon. There has been a significant amount of territory explored (compare maps below with the maps after session 5 and after session 10). Because they were teleported during Session 13, the maps below are still a bit disjointed and jumbled.

The Key
A = 25' ladder between Level 1 and Sub-Level 1
B = 25' ladder between Level 1 and Sub-Level 1
C = Unexplored Corridors and Spaces
D = Unopened/Unexplored Doors
E = Exit/Entrance to the Dungeon
F = 100' Deep Spiral Staircase Between Level 1 and Level 2
G = 100' Deep Staircase Between Level 1 and Level 2
H = 100' Deep Spiral Staircase Between Level 1 and Level 2
I = Teleport Pad from Level 2 to Level 1
S = Unexplored Stairs Down
T = Unexplored Stairs Up
U = Unexplored Ladder Down

Scale: 1 Square = 5 Feet
Click on a map to enlarge it.

Level 1 Maps

Level 1 (1 square = 5 feet)
Level 1-Exact Location Unknown
Level 1: Sub-Level

Level 2 Maps

Level 2 East
Level 2 West
Level 2-Exact Location Unknown

9 comments:

  1. I like your maps. And love seeing them as the party discover them. Hard not to get an explorer's itch, just by seeing the maps with as-yet unexplored corridors, doors and unknown connections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anders! Because we are playing on a virtual table top (Roll20), I find that creating a post like this every five sessions has been helpful for the players (and me) in seeing the unexplored areas.

      Delete
  2. By the way, can i ask how you made the maps? Are they made in excel, like John Matt Stater showed on Land of Nod? Or how else?
    Would like to start converting my hand drawn dungeon maps to ones like these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use AutoREALM, a free RPG mapping program. I have a post about it: http://therustybattleaxe.blogspot.com/2013/06/dungeon-mapping.html

      You can download AutoREALM for free here: sourceforge.net/projects/autorealm/

      Delete
    2. For the maps in this post, I used the base maps I created in AutoREALM, which I saved as jpeg files. Each map covers a 300' x 300' square. I create file in Microsoft Publisher, so that I drop the jpeg files in side-by-side for wider area maps. I can also use black rectangles in Publisher to cover the unexplored areas. It is also really easy to copy and paste the text boxes (the map symbols). I then save the whole thing as a jpeg so I can crop it easily in the photo editing program.

      Creating the initial base maps takes time and those are what I use in Roll20. But once the map files are create as jpegs, doing the maps that you see above take less than 30 minutes.

      Delete
  3. I am very impressed by dedication. It all looks so thought out and organized. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Usually, the busier and more stressed I am at work, the more I work on gaming stuff. We are in the middle of a merger, so my gaming stuff should be top notch.

      Delete
  4. This is probably my favorite version you've done with your maps. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback. I am really enjoying playing and the process of preparing.

      Delete